When launching a new site, you want the search engines to send their little robots over and crawl through your web pages to know how/where to rank your new website. This can take a couple of weeks if you don’t get busy and let the search engines know that you’re site is up and ready to rank! Here are a few of the first steps I take to get sites onto the radar of the search engines more quickly:
- Submit your website to all the major search engines and verify that you own them
- Create profiles for all of the social networks and relevant directories with a link back to your site and send out a message that your new site is launched
- Use social bookmarking sites like Delicious, Digg, StumpleUpon and Reddit
- If there is a budget for it, submit a short 400 word press release with a link back to the site using your target keywords for anchor text and send out via a service like PRweb or PR Newswire
- Write a guest blog post on a relevant website with links back to your new site, again using your target keywords as the anchor text
What Tricks Do You Have?
What are some first steps that you take after launching a site to get it found by the search engine robots so that you can start climbing the rankings for your target keywords?